SMARTest, Tone Pen Style cable tester
SMARTest Tone Pen-style cable tester
Terminating ethernet cables into a keystone jack or patch panel is a simple enough process. However, you still want to verify that a connection is wired properly prior to actually plugging a cable into it. That is where our SMARTest Tone Pen-style cable tester comes in. Our picture labeled #1 shows the entire pen unit intact. Pictures 2-4 show how the pen separates into a base unit and remote unit for testing cables in different rooms. Simply plug the remote unit into a keystone jack, and plug the base unit into it's corresponding patch panel port. This Toner pen will then tell you if you have any shorts or mis-wired lines. It also acts as a tone generator to help you identify which keystones go to which ports on a patch panel.
SMARTest is the first pen style tester on the market. It is designed for the convenience to the network professionals; it is lightweight yet ruggedly designed, so it is perfect for field jobs.
SMARTestís two-button operation makes it easy to use. Its remote unit also allows testing of cables both before and after installation. SMARTest performs all the functions of a full-size tester such as detecting shorts, opens, crossed pairs, reversed pairs, and split pairs.
- Tests for wiring faults of open, short, reversed, crossed and split pairs
- Split pair fault detection at a minimum 40cm cable length
- Verification of shield integrity
- Specially designed remote unit that enables one person to test installed cables
- No adaptor needed
- Easy to read fault display and high speed testing
- Low battery indicator
- Tone Generator Features (multi-tone signal)
- Optional adaptor (not included) for F connector to test coax cable