We are down to nine days before Christmas, but don’t despair, there is still a full week left to finish up your Christmas list! Check out our list below of some of the hottest tech gifts to close out 2015. These are all easy to pick up on the fly, so there is no need to be rushing around on Christmas Eve.
1. The Amazon Echo: This little speaker that answers to the name “Alexa” is at the top of many Christmas lists this year, as it is quickly becoming one of the year’s most popular gadgets. First and foremost, the Echo is a speaker. Through this speaker you can listen to your Spotify, iTunes, Pandora and more. Alexa listens to voice commands, so you can tell her what songs to play, what to skip and when to be quiet. Over time Alexa will become more attuned to your voice, and she will easily understand more commands. Alexa has a plethora of other functions in addition to being a speaker. She will search the web, check the weather, write you a shopping list and keep your calendar organized. The Echo is also the perfect companion for folks that have eyesight problems and can’t enjoy reading as much as they once did, as she will read audio books out loud while you relax. Alexa retails directly through Amazon for about $189, but if you are a Prime Member, there are sales available.
2. If the loved one on your shopping list is walking around with an outdated phone, upgrade them this Christmas! Apple just released the iPhone 6s this fall, and it comes with a ton of cool new features. The new iPhone’s 12 megapixels make for beautifully clear photos that come with the new “live” photo option. You have the option of the iPhone 6s with a 4.7″ display, or the iPhone 6s Plus with a 5.5″ display. The new iPhones come in four colors to choose from: rose gold, silver, space gray or gold. Most mobile carriers offer the new iPhone for about $200-$300 with a two-year contract, depending on which model you decide on.
3. If the person you are buying for is already an iPhone lover, they probably have the newest iPhone. So pick them up an iPhone accessory instead! Apple’s brand new extended battery case that has been all the buzz this December. This case is the first that is actually manufactured by Apple. The new case is perfect for those that are addicted to their iPhone, it offers them 25 more hours of talk time and 18 hours of Internet browsing. The way it works is that your phone will take power from the case first, and once that is drained it will start taking juice from your phone directly. You can monitor the amount of power you have under the notification tab on the front of the phone. Some users have reported not having had to charge their phone for almost a week, but that all depends on your usage. The new case will hit your pocketbook for $99, and you can purchase it directly from Apple, or wherever Apple products are sold.
4. If your friend or family member is an Android user they can get in on the extra battery action too! Just pick them up an external battery pack, the one that we carry here at CableWholesale is slim and comes in a candy pink color. This battery pack features a 3.5mm connection that will work with just about any smartphone and other gadgets too. This charger is good for two whole smartphone charges. $29.36. http://www.cablewholesale.com/specs/30w1-50040.php
5. If losing weight is on your New Years resolution list, then you should check out the Situ Food Scale. This little scale works through Bluetooth to give you the nutrition facts of what you’re about to eat. If you place an apple on the scale, the sugar count, calories, fat grams and the total carbohydrates of the apple will display automatically. Through the Situ’s app you can track the amount of food that you intake throughout the day. Keep in mind that the Situ only works with iPad, iPad Air and iPad Mini models running at least iOS 7 (for now). Pick up the scale directly through Amazon for $120.
6. Apple TV, 4th Generation: The latest generation of Apple TV has just hit the market this year, and is all set-up and ready to be stuffed into a stocking. Apple’s newest set-top box has some great additions, including new games and apps that are going to be streamable through your TV via the App Store. The new Apple TV also comes with a remote that is enabled with Siri, so you can speak your demands rather than having to type them in. Siri will find you all of the movies and TV shows that you want to check out, all with a voice command. The new interactive remote will also allow you to swipe through selections instead of having to continuously punch a button. The 4th Generation Apple TV is available for $149 and can be purchased through Apple directly, or at just about any Apple retailer.
7. The Toshiba Chromebook is a great affordable gift that will work perfectly for anyone on your list that just wants a laptop with no frills, but that still meets all the basic needs. This 13.3” Chromebook comes has a 1080p full HD resolution and comes with SkullCandy speakers. The Chromebook’s battery will also last you up to nine hours on a single charge. You can snap one up for about $269 at Amazon.com or Best Buy.