Now that Thanksgiving is behind us, we are finally gearing up for Christmas. This week we got a list together of our top Christmas apps to start your season off right.
1. Charlie Brown Christmas App: This app is so well done, you can play it over and over again for Christmas’ to come. Follow along with the Peanuts gang as they walk you through the whole Charlie Brown Christmas storybook. This interactive app includes pop-ups, crystal clear graphics and sticks to the original theme. Peter Robbins, who was the original voice of Charlie Brown back in the 1960s, narrates the story. As an added bonus you can collect ornaments from each page in the story, and if you gather all twelve you get your own retro tree to decorate! $5.99. Available for iOS.
2. Christmas! Countdown to Santa: This cute Christmas app counts down the days till Christmas Day, letting you know how many nights of sleep you have left before the big day. The countdown is set to Christmas music to help get you in the mood. This app is free, and available for iOS.
3. OvenBreak Infinity: In this game you are a gingerbread man named “Ginger Brave” and your quest is to find eternal happiness by avoiding being baked in the oven. The obstacles include jumping and sliding over the hot flames. This addicting game is perfect for killing time in the holiday season. Free. iOS.
4. How the Grinch Stole Christmas App: This interactive app tells the story of the original Dr. Suess favorite right down to the Grinch saving Christmas while his heart grows two sizes bigger. This app is designed with kids in mind, as you can tap on different words to have them highlighted. But if you are a fan of the Grinch, it is fun for all ages. $3.99. Available for Android and iOS.
5. Santa Tracker: Not only does this app have a countdown to Christmas clock, but it also has a Santa tracker installed. This is a great tool to show kids where Santa’s whereabouts might be. $1.99. Available for iOS and Android.
6. Christmas Advent Calendar 2015: This app has twenty-four puzzles and games that are designed to help you countdown to Christmas. You will be entertained for hours, and the app has sharp graphics and plays classic Christmas music. 99 cents. Available for Android and iOS.
7. Shelf Elf Reminder App: Based off of the popular children’s book “Elf on the Shelf,” this app follows along with the adorable Elf on the Shelf on his nightly adventures as he reports to Santa in the North Pole. The app will ask you to set an alarm every evening so you can find a new spot for him to hide. $1.99. Available for Android.
8. Christmas Rink Live Wallpaper: Watch the days before Christmas literally fly by with this moving wallpaper app. Every time you unlock your phone you can watch different Christmas themes as they pass by in the background. The crystal clear bright graphics will put you in the Christmas spirit. You can even decorate your own tree! Free. Available for Android.
9. Appy Christmas: With this app you can interact with Santa directly, and have him mimic what you just said back to you as he helps you count down the days to Christmas. You can also poke and prod at him, and transform him into a reindeer. There is also an interactive Advent calendar to keep you entertained too. Free. iOS.
10. ZCraft Nightmare Before Christmas: This game is a play off the Tim Burton classic “A Nightmare Before Christmas,” with 3-D graphics similar to the popular game “Minecraft.” Your Character’s mission is to troll around with your shotgun and save Christmas from Santa impostors, zombie snowmen and evil elves. With every Christmas saved you earn 100 points. This will surely keep you entertained throughout the whole holiday season. Free. Available for Android.
11. Santa’s Bag: This app will help you get your Christmas shopping list organized, and is perfect if you are gift shopping on a budget. The app allows you to input the amount of money that you have to spend, and lets you decide how much you will shell out for each person on your list. This way you can get your gift list handled while still keeping track of your spending.