24-port 10 / 100Mbps Auto-Negotiation Fast Ethernet Switch, Rackmountable
16/24-Port 10/100M Fast Ethernet Switch
Edimax's 16/24 ports Fast Ethernet Switches bring you the most powerful high speed network solutions. You can deploy Fast Ethernet switching wherever needed, from the backbone down to individual desktops. These switches satisfies the need for high-quality products at an affordable price - enabling even the most budge-conscious organizations to trade up to the next level of networking power.
These switches support 10/100Mbps auto-negotiation on all ports, for seamless migration to 100Mbps connections without time-consuming trips to the wiring closet whenever end stations are upgraded to Fast Ethernet. All ports also automatically sense half or full duplex connections for high speed server or switch-to-switch configurations.
The switches are most suited to the following applications :
- They can be placed near the core of the network to eliminate bottlenecks and improve the overall network throughput.
- They can extend the span of a network that has the maximum allowed hubs connected in series.
There are 19" rackmount size amodel. These switch are targeted at workgroup, departmental or backbone computing environments at medium to large business.
Every individual port is capable of automatic sensing the connected device's speed (10Mbps or 100Mbps) and duplex (Half or Full) mode. It's 100% transparent to users - a truly plug and play device.
- Full Duplex
These switches deliver non-blocking performance at full-duplex on all ports. This feature provides full wire speed to the connected devices and greatly increases the network performance.
These switches are designed with store and forward architecture that eliminates error packets in the network, improving efficiency.
- Store and Forward
The full duplex feature can double the network throughput on every port. It is used for high speed server or switch-to-switch connections. The maximum throughput of every port can reach up to 200Mbps!
- Standards: IEEE 802.3 10BaseT, IEEE 802.3u 100BaseTX
- 10/100M Ports:
- 8 ports RJ-45 connectors (ES-3108R/ES-3108D)
- 16 ports RJ-45 connectors (ES-3116R/ES-3116D)
- Uplink Port: Slide switch selection on the last port
- Architecture: Store and Forward
- Filter/Forward Rate: 148,800 packets/sec.
- MAC Address Table: 8K
- Buffer Memory:
- 0.5MBytes (ES-3108R/ES-3108D)
- 1MBytes (ES-3116R/ES-3116D)
- Auto-Negotiation: On all ports
- Half/Full Duplex: On all ports
- Switch LED: Power
- Port LEDs: LNK/ACT(Link/Activity), 100M, COL/FDX(Collision/Full Duplex)
- 440 x 201 x 45 mm / 17.3 x 7.9 x 1.75 inches (ES-3108R/ES-3116R)
- 330 x 211 x 45 mm / 13.0 x 7.9 x 1.75 inches (ES-3108D/ES-3116D)
- 2.1kg / 4.6 lb. (ES-3108R), 2.4kg / 5.3 lb (ES-3116R)
- 1.9kg / 4.1 lb. (ES-3108D), 2.1kg / 4.6lb. (ES-3116D)
- Power: 100~240V AC, full range internal power supply
- Temperature: 32-1310F / 0-550C
- Humidity: 10-95% (Noncondensing)
- Certification: FCC Class A, CE Mark
- Warranty: Two years